Spintso Referee Smartwatch S1 Pro with GPS
Spintso and Referee Store are pleased to introduce the new referee watch SPINTSO® Referee Watch S1 Pro. Our classic design meets modern technology in this new watch.
One long-awaited thing is that you can of course charge the new watch via USB. Exceptional rechargeable battery life.
The watch has GPS function, blood pressure monitor, heart rate function, pedometer and all our appreciated functions from old Spintso models - but in a more modern version. The vibration at start and stop, as well as at paused match and when the match is over, of course remains. In other words, you as a referee will not need a second watch either during a match, in everyday life or for training.
When the match function is activated, the touch screen is locked and you use the one-button control to pause / stop a match. This means that the screen is not affected by rain or moisture, a great advantage we have noticed when referees have tested the watch. On our old model, you hold down the button for a few seconds to stop the time. On this new model, instead, press the same button twice to pause or stop the match more quickly. This is also a new feature that we have captured through user tests, all to make it easier for the referee.
During the match:
One-button control, vibration indication. You do not have to worry about the clock not working in rain or moisture - when the match is started, the touch screen is locked.
Two Pro Modes:
- Individual and configurable match settings
- Presented in classic Spintso design where you see three watches in one. Match clock that counts down, a clock that shows the additional time and a clock that shows the total time
One Youth Mode:
- In youth matches, there are more goals being scored and in this mode you can track goals for each team via the watch to easily keep track of the score
- Full GPS that enables fast and accurate tracking
- Heart Rate Monitoring
- Sleep Monitoring
- Interval Training
- Exercise Program
- Activity Tracking with GPS (Running, cycling, walking and other activities with heart rate function + GPS)
- Body Temperature Monitoring
- Spintso App Connectivity
Connect your Spintso Referee Watch S1 to our app! Download the app in the App Store or Google Play Store. Search for "Spintso Watch", download and install. In the app you can:
- See where and how you ran during the match via map view
- Track your activities
- See your steps and heart rate for the day or get an overview of your activity
- Track your training session, for example the latest running session and see calories, heart rate and more
- Get an overview of your sleep and your blood pressure
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Charging. Charging time is normally 2 hours. If the battery is down at 0% and completely empty the total charging time can be longer.
- Operational time. Standby time if not using the watch for matches or training is around 10-15 days. Operational time with bluetooth, watch activated by wrist, alarm, notifications, health data and some training around 3 days.
- S1 Pro Battery life in game with all settings to max (Vibrations, Screen always on and GPS) is around 5.5 hours.
- Match Event log - registers all activities when you press the button during the match and you can see in which minute you have stopped the watch
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Simply the best for Referee..
I have tried a lot of watches. I will never understand why it's so hard for manufacturers to develop a simple cost effective watch for refereeing a soccer game. This Spintso S1 Pro is the best soccer watch I have found so far but there are some issues.
Let's start with what I like. The S1 Pro is a major improvement from the Spintso Pro which was incredibly frustrating to use. It seems they heard that feedback because the S1 Pro is dead simple. My general feeling is that a watch shouldn't require a user manual and I should be able to intuitively figure out the majority of functions without looking it up in the manual. The S1 Pro is "almost" there but when you consider that the company who makes the Spintso is notorious for horrible user manuals that often leave out critical details and printing their manuals in 4pt type that you need a high powered electron microscope to read I suppose they should be applauded for an average user manual experience for the S1 Pro and for making this watch more intuitive and logical.
You can easily create 3 Preset games and then quickly navigate to and launch that preset game. I like the option to set up how you want to trigger or stop a match with a double press or long press or single press because people are different. I like double press and it's nice that when you stop the clock during a game the Extra Time counter keeps track so you know exactly how much ET to apply at end of half. Once a period ends the Halftime break counter kicks off automatically and that's also really handy for keeping games running on time.
This watch is a "Smartwatch" and I like the fact that I can track my steps and exertion and there is a nice tracker for intervals or workouts but I don't see this watch replacing my Apple Watch workouts or for day-to-day use primarily because of one major issue.
I live in Southern California and often times our games are in bright sunlight and even with the Spintso watch at it's brightest setting it's still woefully dim almost to the point of being unusable. I was really disappointed and I thought maybe my settings were off or that I still had some protective cover on the face which was dimming it. The technology for daylight visibility on electronic devices like watches has been around for 20+ years and there really is no excuse for a $220-$250 watch being hard to read in direct sunlight. Especially when this watch is specifically designed for refereeing games which occur outdoors in daylight.
The poor daylight readability of this watch then magnifies the difficulty in operating the watch because text is very small and it just makes using and operating the watch harder than it needs to be even if you find a spot of shade to work in. I should have probably given this 3 stars because in general referee watches are terrible but this is the best option out there IMHO.
The other major issue is the price of this watch. We simply should not have to spend over $100 for a smartly engineered referee watch. To be fair, this is a smartwatch and it has loads of features that are found on regular watches but I highly doubt anyone is buying this watch as a daily driver. It's a purpose-built referee watch and as such I feel they could have cut way back on the ancillary features and just focused on giving the people what they want; a good, easy-to-use referee watch.
To that end, and because the watch vendors are clearly not getting the message, here are the most important requirements for a good soccer referee watch:
1) Ease-of-use - Intuitive and simple to operate quickly
2) Readability - If you can't see the watch face easily it's useless
3) Good Battery - Batteries can't last forever but if you could pare down features and devote battery to the things that matter it would be great. I think you need a minimum of 8 hours at full brightness for Tournaments.
4) Soccer specific functions - Give me what I need on as few screens as possible. The S1 Pro has what I need here. I think you need to keep the GPS for fitness tracking.
5) Cost - A top of line Soccer Specific watch should not cost more than $100 if you cut out all the extra BS.
Here's to hoping!
Features are out of this world. battery life was 4 games for me with all features used, very happy with it.
Have had the whole range of watches from cheap casio to garmin fenix and spintso pro.
Love the feel shape and weight. Takes a minute to get used to certain functions but once I have that dialed in I'm excited.
It’s a great watch to have but it will take a few games to get use to how it works. So please keep another watch at first. The fact you can program multiple different games and at a single change of the match type you are set to go. I have used it on a couple of games already but still need practice.
Everyone that is serious about reffing You need this watch
It doesn't have high school timer, where the time is stopped on the count up and down, if you can add that feature, it will be the best watch
I was able to beta-test this product at a tournament in TX last month after previously using a referee app on my apple watch. This thing feels solid, works without any hiccups whatsoever and most of all, it comes with really great Spintso app. I will work on video review next, because there is much to cover, but this is a referee app killer. I no longer have to worry about my apple watch acting out, etc. This is the best referee watch ever. GPS is more accurate than my Garmin and heart rate monitoring is exactly measuring the same like my Garmin Forerunner. Love this watch. This watch battery lasted me 2 days of refereeing and still had juice left, after 9 full games, crazy.