Spintso Referee Watch (Black/Gray)
- 2020 version with a Reset Button on the back!
- 2 Year Extended Warranty, exclusively at Referee Store!
- New, improved black buttons
- Over 30 improvements, most notably stronger anti static electricity protection and updated software
- Spintso Referee Watch can be preset to any number of periods and any length of time per period, making it the perfect watch for adult, youth and indoor games
- Spintso’s unique Stoppage/Injury Timer function makes it also the preferred choice of College and High School referees
- 4 Referee Timers shown simultaneously on 1 display (example below is for 2 x 45' match):
- 1 Count-Up Timer (Never stops. At the start of second half the count up starts as 45:01...)
- 1 Count-Down Timer (Resets back to 45:00 after it reaches 0:00)
- 1 Half-Time Interval Timer (Small view - starts automatically after Count-Down reaches 0:00)
- 1 Stoppage/Injury Timer (Small view - may be manually initiated during the game)
- Single "Press & Hold" Button for all in-game operations eliminates time-keeping accidents and simplifies referee's job:
- 1st Press & Hold starts the match and the relevant timers.
- 2nd Press & Hold (after conclusion of first half) starts the second half and the relevant timers.
- Initiating Stoppage/Injury Timer during any of the periods will pause the Count-Down Timer and start Stoppage/Injury Timer separately on the same screen - perfect for temporary match suspensions due ti inclement weather or extended stoppages due to serious injuries, etc. Restarting the match will save/continuously display the amount of time lost.
- Vibrating Alarms:
- The watch will vibrate to remind the referee every start and stop occasion during the match and when each period ends.
- The watch will also vibrate, every 10 seconds, when Stoppage/Injury Timer is activated.
- To preserve the watch's intended functions of all timers, always preset the watch to 1 extra period than the game for which it will be used (e.g. 3 periods for a typical 2-Halves match).
- Technical info:
- Regular watch function with 50 City World Time
- 12/24 hours Format
- Stopwatch function with lap timers
- Battery Power Indicator
- Water resistance 50M
- Full Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
Need replacement parts or service? Call us at (855) 697-6223.
21 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Second watch, exactly the same. Wore out the first one. I like it.
I love this watch it is easy to use and easy to read. Love that it vibrates instead of beeps so the players don't hear it just in case you want to see a play finish before blowing the final whistle. Highly recommend getting this watch. It is a very large watch though so I'm not sure it would for someone with small wrists.
This watch was designed and made for soccer referees. Once the match begins you only need to use one button to start and stop the watch throughout the match. No button pushes between halfs, no reset of time, just push start for the 2nd half and away you go.
This watch is a terrific timepiece for any soccer official. Once you take the time to learn how it works and how to set it up, it is a huge help in keeping time and the handy features allow you to add time and manage it accurately. The vibration feature is really helpful when time expires and you are following the play. Highly recommend. Best watch I've ever had.
Simply the best referee watch available. Two things to note:
- Sometimes the start button is difficult to press (nearly impossible with gloves). Since it has vibration feedback, you don't have to look at it.
- Uses FIFA timing (additional time), not stoppage time, so if you're doing a high school or college match, you may want to use a standard stopwatch instead.
Otherwise, the one touch operation, vibration, large display, count up, down, additional timers make this the best option available.
The watch is pretty large and this is the only Spintso watch that has the vibration function. I find that function much more helpful than the beeping which players can hear and whine about the end of half or the game. This prevents their ability to know when my watch says time has expired. Also, the vibration alert every 10 seconds when you have the time stopped to deal with injury/cards/celebrations is very helpful. This reminds me to restart the clock so I won't be more than 10 seconds off.
It took a few games to get the hang of this though since it takes 2 seconds of pressing the start/stop button to restart the clock. If the 10 second reminder vibration goes off during this 2 seconds, you have to make sure you keep holding the button down. Since the 10 second reminder and the restart of time is the same vibration pattern, I thought I had restarted the clock occasionally even though I had not. The only other issue I ran into is the band seems to be made for people with wrists that are huge. When tightening the band to the next to last hole, I'm not able to put the end of the band into the band loop's locking mechanism. If I put it in the locking mechanism, the band would have a weird gap between it and the other side of the band so I push the band through the loop and don't use the locking part of it.
Having said all of these things, this watch is the best referee watch that I have used during soccer games.
This is by far the best time keeping piece There is. Easy to set, reset and manage in general. I'm really happy with it.
I believe this to be the best referee watch out there. It's simple to setup, operate, and see while refereeing. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't have GPS and HR tracking. Sure, you can get GPS watches with apps that provide that additional functionality, but you sacrifice battery life (it goes from years with this watch to hours). I use this watch as my primary watch with a GPS watch/app as my backup. It took me a while to finally take the plunge and buy this, and I wish I had bought this watch when I started out. I think this watch should be a component of every serious referee's kit.
By making your watch similar to a Apple Watch screen. All these problems of DST, 1 second holding of down button (is a waist in College and High School games. Need to have a choice on 1 second or no seconds), light to see in dark will be much better and also can give a choice of a 3 second or 5 second or 10 second reminder vibrate. The band is excellent and the size of the watch. please switch to a full digital touch screen and button watch. Please give an option to turn off the touch screen and only use the buttons.
--- Referee Store Reply ---
Please allow us to address your points for all:
1 - DST (Daylight Saving Time) is a feature ONLY available in regular watch mode, NOT in Referee Mode and most find it really useful as we transition between DST from time to time.
2 - The 'Press and Hold' rather than just 'Press' in order to change the watch screen or activate/deactivate referee features is designed on purpose to avoid any accidental presses during the game. It is a safety feature much loved by all who purchase it, especially in HS and NCAA matches where the stopping of the clock is so common.
3 - Backlight does exist on Spintso watches, but I understand you would like to have options of changing its duration (feature request we will pass along, along with others you mentioned).
Rafal, Referee Store