IFAB Laws of the Game 2019/20 Book
The Laws of the Game Book has a fixed shipping fee of $3 per book on all U.S. shipments. International (non.U.S.) customers please contact us for a shipping quote.
Laws of the Game 2019/20
The Laws of the Game 2019/20 come into force 1 June 2019. A number of changes were approved at the 133rd Annual General Meeting of The IFAB on 2 March this year including:
- the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
- a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
- at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
- clearer wording for ‘handball’
- attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
- the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
- a new dropped ball procedure
Using the 2019/20 Laws
The Laws of the Game 2019/20 are compulsory for friendly matches and competitions which start on or after 1 June 2019. However, competitions which started before 1 June 2019 (including on-going multi-year competitions, qualification matches and final tournaments) may implement the Laws earlier or delay their use until no later than the start of the next competition.